Cooking for Artists is one of my new favorite cookbooks! My dear friend, Clare, gave me this for Christmas. She is an artist. And me, being a Health Coach, I love to share healthy and delicious recipes with you!
The cookbook was written by Mina Stone who comes from a Greek family. The photography throughout the book is beautiful and reminiscent of simpler times and big family dinners.
So, since Christmas, I’ve been marking all the recipes I’ve wanted to try and recently I chose this one: Roasted Carrots with Avocado, Cilantro and Lime, which is delicious!
Here’s the recipe:
Serves 4 to 6
- 8-10 large carrots, scrubbed well (peeled if very dirty) and sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick
- extra-virgin olive oil
- a generous sprinkle of ground cumin (you want a light dusting on every carrot)
- a generous sprinkle of fennel seeds
- a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes
- 1-2 ripe avocados, sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of arugula or other pretty greens (optional)
Preparing the carrots for roasting…
The recipe was quite simple and boy was it delicious!